Hatching my first KONZA!!!

You're going to have to post pictures when they hatch and as they grow.

fl.gif
for hatching success!

M
I'm a little techno challenged-- will do my best though!! I can take pics with my cell but can't down load them--

Thanks for the positive vibes!! Surely need them. lol

Last edited:
It's going to be fantastic ;)

We'll have to figure out a method for pics when the time comes~ shouldn't be difficult. Gosh, I'm excited and they're not mine...can't imagine how you feel!

M

My long awaited eggs arrived today!!!!  :celebrate  THis thread is a chronicle of my journey. 

Eggs arrived today.  29 well packed in foam and double boxed, plenty of popcorn between box 1 and 2.  Several extras: chocolate and a rock.Eggser carefully unopacked, still concerned that there was much more jiggling and rougher handling than they could handle.  Set into egg cartons at 10 per carton x 3 .

Set at midnight for easier counting of days!! lol  

Applying everything I know about setting and incubating shipped eggs. But still feeling the stress. :barnie

Relax momma. Remember my turkey poults. All 7 thriving almost 2 wks old now!

LOL Kathy,, YOur hatch rate is better than mind even using my own turkey eggs!! lol 

I was originally suppoed to get a number of adult stock but that didn't work out, then get a batch of chicks and that didn't work out, so I"m trying to hatch 29 eggs, of which several turned out to be chocolates not Konzas and so I am nervous as h3ll . . . . . I almost didn't set the choclates as they just complicate my life,  . . but being a hatch- a holic I set them all. :celebrate

Yeah Airelle hatching can be a drag! I have 3 more sets and will be done in 12 days. Ive been hatching nonstop since Feb. sick of it! My hatch from you is unheard of as you know. A real stunner, thought I'd get 3 at best going into it when I candled and saw all 7 thought Id get a quitter or 2. Anyhoot I love them and the Sweetgrass seem even tamer than the BR. They want to perch on my shoulders!

Best of luck with your Konzas and Chocolates (LOL)!

THanks Kathy!!

I wish all my hatching egg customers had as wonderful an experience as you had on that batch of turkey eggs--- a miracle!!

I candled the Konza and feel to panicy to pull any of the eggs. WIll wait until day 18 when I move them to the hatcher because I wont have space for all the eggs going in ( Konza and Sulmtaler)

Need to decide if I should divide these two groups or just raise together-- and I"m leaning toward the latter as the numbers are likely to be 10-15 chicks at best. THese will be VERY VERY expensive chicks. lol

Back
Top Bottom