Hatching my first KONZA!!!

I always have a hard time calc the days, hence the midnight witching hour to track better.

Today is day 19 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Planning to put down the drawer liner mat, but not sure how to disinfect it. Perhaps just hand washing in soapy water is enough . . . .

Plan to hold back the Sulmtalers for 2 days . . .praying the Konza will be done quickly.

Plan to keep in the egg cartons for hatching-- though I hate having to check for external pips at the bottom, seems like there is always one. lol

Nervous wreck.
wee.gif

YEs, it is a project breed that Renee has been developing. A hybrid of large staaandard type flow selected for excellect muscling and yet still able to forage and be predtor savvy.

Konza Prarie Chickens = named for the local Native Indian tribe that inhabited the kansas praries.

I always have a hard time calc the days, hence the midnight witching hour to track better.

Today is day 19 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Planning to put down the drawer liner mat, but not sure how to disinfect it. Perhaps just hand washing in soapy water is enough . . . .

Plan to hold back the Sulmtalers for 2 days . . .praying the Konza will be done quickly.

Plan to keep in the egg cartons for hatching-- though I hate having to check for external pips at the bottom, seems like there is always one. lol

Nervous wreck.
wee.gif

This is a foreign language to me, lol.....but I get the general idea and I'm so EXCITED and hopeful!!!!!!

M

Loaded LG with dark eggs filled with a chick ( pulled about 1/2 the eggs that did not develop) and added a sponge in a jar of warm water. Holding at 50% RH. And . . . .

I heard one peeping this morning !!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

pop.gif

Loaded LG with dark eggs filled with a chick ( pulled about 1/2 the eggs that did not develop) and added a sponge in a jar of warm water. Holding at 50% RH. And . . . .

celebrate.gif
wee.gif

pop.gif

WOOHOO

celebrate.gif
wee.gif

pop.gif

LOL....yay!!! Have you moved even an inch since hearing that first peep? I don't think I'd be able to tear myself away.

M

Back
Top Bottom