Hatching Q on mailed eggs - Ayam Cemani

The weather here is 15degrees and they lay every day. I put my rooster in and set up for breeding,should have extra eggs and chicks in the spring

You are probably like me weather wise here in the Syracuse area...cold cold cold. I can not believe they are that happy that they lay every day~ that's amazing! I am new to chickens so all this stuff is new info to me. I was looking at them on the Greenfire Farm line and their mating couple is $3,000.00 HOLY CRAPT. Knowing my luck some neighbor dog would eat it.

What other breeds do you have laying?

I raise marans,American game,OE game,law greys,pumpkins,Malays,China game crosses,Phoenix,std modern game,polish,silkys,frizzle,turken,ayam cemani,tomaru,Wyandotte banty,svart,denizli long crower's , chicks and eggs when available for shipping

I raise marans,American game,OE game,law greys,pumpkins,Malays,China game crosses,Phoenix,std modern game,polish,silkys,frizzle,turken,ayam cemani,tomaru,Wyandotte banty,svart,denizli long crower's , chicks and eggs when available for shippi

Oh wow! That has got to keep you busy! How are the Phoenix's? I saw a lot of eggs for them on e-bay but I thought with the snow they would be very difficult to raise in the North.

You are probably like me weather wise here in the Syracuse area...cold cold cold. I can not believe they are that happy that they lay every day~ that's amazing! I am new to chickens so all this stuff is new info to me. I was looking at them on the Greenfire Farm line and their mating couple is $3,000.00 HOLY CRAPT. Knowing my luck some neighbor dog would eat it.

What other breeds do you have laying?
Hey neighbor! I lived in B'ville for 12 years! Moved back up North a couple hours from the Cuse. Past Watertown.

So sorry for the other 2 losses, my vet said it seemed as if the chick was not right from the get go. Mine was just 5 days old.
keep my babies on dog potty pads then move them to sand. The vet recommended against switching them over to the sand right now (i usually switch them at 2 weeks, easier to clean). I have given them cut up paper towel pieces in a bin as they are already trying to dust bathe abd get no satisfaction with the puppy pad. My chickens have shavings in their nesting boxes & the outdoor portion/run have not had any eat it. Through I did have a meat bird (heritage) have a crop full of shavings when I caged them up for the 12 hours before proceeding (no food allowed). Through this is my 2nd yr of meat birds and only the first time seeing this (approx 100 birds).
So hope you the best of luck on your new hatch, keep us posted! Would love pics of your hybrid sound very pretty
I am also now on the waiting list for a tree fire farm pair for the spring, my mother will be picking them up in person (she winters in FL) so no shipping required

Back
Top Bottom