Have to put 2 horses down tomorrow(update page 2)

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
Well i made my decision today. I am going to put my two old quarter horse geldings tomorrow night. One foundered really bad and wont ever get better enough to do anything with and i feel bad for him because his eyes are so sad like he doesnt want to do anything. The other one is old and cant see. He has such bad joints that he cant be ridden anymore. He just sits in the padock and the other horses pick on him and the other one. Teddy and romeo have been at my barn for almost 10 years. I love these horses but they are not happy anymore.

R.I.P Teddys Tuff Too and Saint Romeos secret

Last edited:
hugs.gif

1crying1.jpg

I am so sorry. It is always hard when we have to help our friends to the other side.

Last edited:
I have had to put down horses from time to time over the last 40 years and whenever there are horses suffering with no hope of recovery I always ask other owners to put their feelings aside and do what is best for the horse. I will never let a horse I love suffer needlessly, when in seconds a Vet can provide humane relief. Love lets go. My heart will always break when I think of the horses i have loved and lost. But I know they did not suffer needlessly because I delayed a right decision.

hugs.gif
You know you are doing the right thing. My old cutting horse was 37 when I finally put him down. I brushed his tail real good, cut it off (the hair) so I could have something besides pictures. I'm crying now as I type this because I dearly miss him. He taught me how to ride and hang on. I have yet to replace him and I don't think I can because my life has changed somewhat (kids).
hugs.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's such a sad time when you have to say goodbye to good friends like that. You're doing the right thing for them, but it does leave an aching hole.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom