Have you ever smelled your chickens?

I do, i have a lot of different coops to clean out and keep clean, but besides that i like to spray my chickens with a home remedy bug spray i made, sooooo good and clean smell.

I love love love to hold my chickens and their feathers are so amazingly smooth and soft. I truthfully never notice their smell. One time though, I bought a pair of true Ameraucanas from a breeder, and noticed a strange, not-so-nice smell....turns out they had mites. Boy was I mad!

Now, since you've mentioned it, I'm going to have to smell my chickens. LOL

Just found this post...just so you know, I'm headed out to the coup and will make sure I get my first WIFF of chicken.

My cats smell like wildflowers and hay, and my horses, well there's nothing better!

I love the smell of my ladies too! The only time there is a semi-bad smell is when it is wicked humid and the run gets a stink. The coop always smells fresh. I use pine shavings and replace them once a month.

Quote:
I think that my chickens smell like earth and sunshine.
smile.png

My cat on the other hand smells like fabric softener - must be because he spends the day in bed!
roll.png

Hahaha! So true! Both our weiner dogs feet smell like Fritos, too. We even hold up their feet and say they have 'free-toes'.
lol.png

Mine smell like a mix of baby shampoo and the woods in autumm .
big_smile.png
See this is why i love BYC... You can post stuff like this and not be put in a straight jacket!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom