Have you seen a roo attack a squirrel ? ?

math ace

Crowing
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
It sounds like my roo kicked some squirrel tail today!
Ds says the roo let out a couple of growls and hop on the squirrel's back and sent the squirrel running up a tree.

My roo is normally such a sweet boy that I was shocked to hear this . . .

Have you ever heard of a roo attacking a squirrel ? ?

I've seen my hens attack a squirrel, cat, any other bird who lands in the yard. Of course, I've also seen them huddle on top of their roof when a squirrel got "trapped" inside their coop. Poor silly critters...

I sure wish I could get my roosters to attack squirrels. The dang tree rats eat so much of their feed I had to pull the feeder out. They just wander through the rooster pen like there are no birds there at all.

My hen did once. A boy squirrel was chasing a girl squirrel up and down a tree. When the girl made a break for another tree, my hen flew over between the two and gave the boy what for! Told him off real good.

Boy Squirrel: "Huh?"
Hen: "Can't you see she don't want none of you? No you leave her alone and go climb back up your tree. Bok bok bok bok bok!"

The same hen would also defend her chicks from butterflies. When she was chickless, she just ignored them.

A.T. Hagan :

I sure wish I could get my roosters to attack squirrels. The dang tree rats eat so much of their feed I had to pull the feeder out. They just wander through the rooster pen like there are no birds there at all.

That's when you hunt them and feed them to your birds
tongue.png

Quote:
That's like "What are sisters for?, the roo's run me through the wringer. I'm just tryn to give that girl some rest free from that stupid boy"​

My hens are always chasing off the squirrels and chipmunks that are in their yard, but the wild bunny that feeds in their yard, they have no problem with.

Back
Top Bottom