Hawk attack. Graphic pics *Updated pics 3/30/15

I would put her in a crate in the house and watch her. to see how she does. If her lung is punctured she may not survive.

I use blue cote spray on wounds

I agree with tjo804. If the lung is indeed punctured you will have to decide what to do. A trip to the vet or cull her. I am sorry.

Her breathing isn't labored at all now that we have her in a laundry basket with a heavy screen over the top. I sprayed Poultry Aid on it and put a piece of a pear and a small bowl of water in with her. She wasn't interested in either but I am not surprised.

We are going to give her the night and see how she is in the morning and go from there.

I hope she pulls through. It breaks my heart to see little beasts in distress.

We had a hawk attack last week (maybe an osprey). The little hen can walk again without a limp already, but her right eye is swollen and completely Black (no dilation). She can't quite feed herself on her first or second try, so we think it's blinded.

Is there any chicken eye ointment for this kind of thing? I figure she'll adjust and she doesn't seem to be in too much discomfort but her sisters will peck at her head and she can't even see it coming now.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it felt weird to start a second "hawk attack" thread on the same day.

If she survives the night she will definitely be in for months. She flipped her laundry basket so we put her on a towel with the basket over her and she seems to be settling down. I am hoping it is a good sign that she was trying to get out. I know she needs to be quiet and we are trying.

I honestly think we will be putting her down later tonight. We moved her to a smaller bathroom that my son doesn't use and she flapped really hard and tore her shoulder even more and I can now hear a sucking sound coming from her injury. :( She is laying quietly now but I am going to check on her in an hour or two and make a decision. This is heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom