Hawk

Mike_Winters

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Connecticut
is it me are domestic ducks stupid or are they get screwing with a red tail hawk. i have 17 ducks and a flock wild mallards that visit them. the hawks after the mallards so i don't care if the hawk gets them. Everytime the hawk thought the ducks weren't paying attention it would try to get one but they always dove before it could get them. and so the hawk would reposition and the ducks would be playing as if they weren't being attacked by something as big as a they are and would keep doing it. Until i went outside to chase it away, before he could get one. but do all ducks do this and screw with the hawk or are they just stupid, they do seem to know the hawks there and when to dive. mine are all standard size like pekins and buffs, i have no calls stupid hawk
lol.png

Im sick of worry about the hawk. So i bought a bunch of yarn from goodwill bins 1.29 lb. Strung it up in the trees so the hawk will see the string and not dive down. He will fly over and think about it, gives the girls time to see him and hide. I did not want to keep them in a fence becuase they love to free range. Cheap deturant. Now i just gotta get the girls in before the hungries come out at 7pm. They usually are in by then but the longer summer days will have them wanting to be out longer. Hope this helps. U can string gift wrap shinny string to the yarn and leave it hanging low. Have a good summer with your birdies!! Meow till next meow

Attachments

• 20180507_135457.jpg
    20180507_135457.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20180507_135746.jpg
    20180507_135746.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom