Heat Plate?

Ohhh, a dome would be awesome! It came with the heat plate?
Cutting boards would be interesting… let me know how it works!!
Yup, like this only better
01D8A43D-FAE0-4291-B000-3F349DF8B7D9.png

that’s very neat!! Was it difficult to make? I would love to see the other picture if you find it!
well as it turns out, i must have always tried to avoid getting that contraption in the shot, was not able to find anything that gave a good look at it.... this is likely not very helpful, but is a partial view of one corner from above:

1676716494549.png

It was literally just taking some chicken wire and sort of threading the white posts that are in each corner through the wire a little and then i just sort of folded it over on top to make a cage - super easy and not fancy at all but it worked for me.

I just scrape the mess off of it from time to time, especially between batches..

It stays outside in the brooder and, on principle, I don't try to maintain a sterile environment for my chicks because I believe in the benefit of introducing them to their eventual environment from an early age. :)

Yes, it looks kind of nasty, but since they're only in the brooder for 4 or, at the most, 5 weeks they don't make the sort of mess adults would. :)

I love those pyramids that go on top of the rent a coop plates. The Brinsea one has a clear plastic lid that you can just take off and wash, but that's more effort than preventing them from getting up there in the first place. The prices for some of these on Amazon has shot way up over a couple of weeks ago, serious chick season "inflation" going on!

Back
Top Bottom