PepperDuckMom

Hatching
May 8, 2018
Hello all, I think my little duckling had a heat stroke today. He's recovering very well, because I acted quick. But he won't eat. He has pooped, but it's very watery. He'll drink water every now and again, but will not eat. Is there anything I should get for him to help him recover better? I love this little duck, please help!

He's 5 weeks old. I haven't measured his temp in a while but it's gone way way down. It's was about 90° out. He went all limp but he's moving again.

First off :welcome!! Ok if I were you I would give him a cool bath (not cold because you don’t want to shock him, maybe just a bit cooler than lukewarm) and throw a few of his favorite treats (meal warms, veggies, etc.) and are if he’ll eat that. If you have any save-a-chick electrolyte and vitamin supplements you could put in his water that may also help as they help keep ducks hydrated better and they always seem to perk up my ducks when something is up (they helped my duck when she was egg bound and my ducklings whenever they are a bit lethargic). Your main priority should be making sure he drinks a lot and trying to get him to eat a bit. Keep us posted :hugs

Back
Top Bottom