Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
He's not really posed so its hard to tell, but his legs and back seam a little long. Also he needs to be re dubbed as his comb is too high and his wattles and ear lobes are not dubbed.

Thanks for your imput, he has never been dubbed.

Wow. That's a short comb with no points I just figured it was a dubbing gone bad that's not really a big deal since your gana cut it off anyway.He looks young still. About a year? So he might fill out more. Try to get him to pose and take some more pics.

Quote:
Thanks for your imput, he has never been dubbed.

Wow. That's a short comb with no points I just figured it was a dubbing gone bad that's not really a big deal since your gana cut it off anyway.He looks young still. About a year? So he might fill out more. Try to get him to pose and take some more pics.

He did have points on his comb but they froze off. Hes about 10 months old.

Last edited:
Quote:

He did have points on his comb but they froze off. Hes about 10 months old.

wow that's got to suck. we don't really have to worry about that too much around here.

I'm no judge, and not even all that familiar with the breed, but he is a nice looking bird. I'm new to bird showing, and what I have found is most helpful is to look at pics on the APA standard (or ABA) and go point by point over your own chicken.

Do you plan to show him?

blues...

Photo0028_1.jpg

Photo0027_1.jpg

oh, and here are my childrens... old pictures... i'll get some tomorrow when i throw them outside...

Photo0029_1.jpg

Photo0030_1.jpg

Photo0031_1.jpg

Photo0032_1.jpg

Photo0033_1.jpg

these will be a week, um... this thursday i think... don't remember...

Photo0062_1.jpg

Photo0063_1.jpg

Photo0061_1.jpg

when do you guys throw them out...? i remember i threw out some sebrights from the brooder when they were 4 weeks, but they were all feathered up... they did great... my chicks are going to be 4 weeks, but i don't know if i should yet... the weather is a bit weird in los angeles right now... what do you guys think...?

Quote:
It has dark legs because it's a splash...they are supposed to have slate legs.
smile.png

Not all OEGB have pink/fleshy legs, leg color depends on plumage color.

Quote:
It has dark legs because it's a splash...they are supposed to have slate legs.
smile.png

Not all OEGB have pink/fleshy legs, leg color depends on plumage color.

The first chick has the chipmunk pattern, just in a lighter shade. So, do you think it's a Splash version of the Blue Red Old English?

Back
Top Bottom