Help!! Baby peachicks

Lovie

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2017
First time hatching peachicks. Today is hatch day, only had one out of five hatch so far. Took over 24 hours after pip. Hatched 8 hours ago. Been laying there, it opens its eyes but isn't even trying to stand.

First time hatching peachicks. Today is hatch day, only had one out of five hatch so far. Took over 24 hours after pip. Hatched 8 hours ago. Been laying there, it opens its eyes but isn't even trying to stand.

Have you used this incubator before with success in hatching other eggs?? You know its normal for a chick to be up moving around a little while after they hatch. We had a Big discussion on peachick incubation a while back---some say they are hard to hatch with a very low hatch rate. I had a 100% hatch rate on the ones I have hatched??? Give them some more time??

Last edited:
Used and hatched just chicken eggs before invthis incubator. Yes I have heard they are hard and feel like I need a step by step guide
1f62c.png

Used and hatched just chicken eggs before invthis incubator. Yes I have heard they are hard and feel like I need a step by step guide
1f62c.png

Are the peachick eggs from your flock? If not do you know the history on them? Did you candle 3 days ago---and did you increase the humidity then? And to what humidity are you at for the hatch?

Last edited:
After they hatch they usually stumble around like they are going to break their necks and then suddenly pass out asleep. This goes on for some time. Make sure you don't put a bowl of water or anything sharp in with them until they are more stable walking.

Hard to trll much from the picture, how long has he been laying there? How is his breathing? Did you assist him unzipping?

Well I hate this day, I feel like I read so many Different ideas on how to make this work. Grey lived for just a little bit and then passed. So no peachicks. I knew it was hard but thought I could just make it happen

Well I hate this day, I feel like I read so many Different ideas on how to make this work. Grey lived for just a little bit and then passed. So no peachicks. I knew it was hard but thought I could just make it happen

I am Sorry. Answering questions from the ones that are trying to help you will help, keeps a conversation going and you might learn more. Like post #4 and #5 above had some good questions you did not answer---people just wanting to help. Might not help with this but might help in your future hatching.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. :hugsIn the picture you posted it looks like it has a huge belly and a swollen head. When that happens with mine it's usually because I had the humidity too high, and very rarely will the big bellied ones live.
peachick_2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom