Help! Call Ducks Due!

These were in a LG still air. First time I used it and am not happy with results. Temps are too uneven. In one spot I can barely get it to 99 while the other corner shows 108. I have been trying to rotate eggs. I tried to keep ducks in middle. I am thinking lows temp is my problem. The 3 I had to help finally hatched today but they were all full of amber goo. One was really bad. I bought a fan kit. Hoping that helps. I have a Hova bator genessiss with fan. I plan to put ducks in there from here out. I have 5 more due in week or 2 after these. Problem is hens stopped laying. Is it too early for them to start molting? They have a lot of feathers in pen. They started laying around beginning of January.
YEP, low temps will cause that empty gooy space. SHOOTS. Hopefully he will internally pip

Hova's pretty good I have one, I think I may have some Hot/Cold spots in mine.

You are on the Hatching ROLL aren't you. LOL

I hope we see internal pips too. Out of the 3 chicks I assisted, 2 made their own internal pips, I just had to make the external and keep moistening the internal membrane. The 3rd had a tough time. I had to make the internal pip and external pip. I also had to keep moistening the internal membrane, and then eventually move it out the way some for the little bugger to get out. It took him well over 30 hours to break out of the shell, but we were patient. He was covered in so much goo, he had trouble moving. He came out fine though. He was eating and drinking when I left, looked really good. I probably could have saved two others, but I was worried I was going to intervene too early. It was day 22. I regret it now but I think they were like this last one. I think they were stuck and could not move to pip. The only reason I chose to help the one I did do internal pip was because I could see his beak before doing external and thought he may have already made internal pip but he had not, he was stuck. I also had a feeling something was wrong since I had already lost 2. I just started with chickens last year, but have fell in love with them and I love hatching the little chicks. We have so been wanting the little ducklings. They are just so adorable and we love our 3. They have so much personality. It kills me to lose the little ones, especially after you have watched them grow.

Well we are entering into day 25. I peaked on them this morning. The 3 still looking good. They were good and active. Egg #2 is still iffy, but it was moving. I thing I lost Egg #5. It was not moving and did not look good. I think the veins were disappearing too. I left it in their just in case, be I think he is gone. At what point should the be assisted. I set them at night so this time tomorrow night, we will be entering into day 26.

Well we are entering into day 25. I peaked on them this morning. The 3 still looking good. They were good and active. Egg #2 is still iffy, but it was moving. I thing I lost Egg #5. It was not moving and did not look good. I think the veins were disappearing too. I left it in their just in case, be I think he is gone. At what point should the be assisted. I set them at night so this time tomorrow night, we will be entering into day 26.

OK well time doesn't matter, lets see if they start cracking on there due date or if they are going to be late. The one I exspect it to be late, but the others should be on time or at least close to it.

Okay, egg 3 also has passed today. I opened them. They were both fully formed but had large amounts of Amber goo spilling out. One looks like it had started to absorb the yolk while the other looked like it had not. The one that had not was smaller, the yolk was larger, and had white stuff on the bottom of it. They were the worst 2. I am starting to fear I am going to lose the others too. They were moving this morning but you can start to see the amber glow good around the air cell. Just tell me whenever you think we should intervene.

Help! Ok so I made a safe hole into the air cell and upped the humidity to around 70. I can see 2 bills but neither has pipped the internal membrane yet. Do I leave them alone for a few hours at this point? The 3rd looks like it may be malpositioned. I cannot find the beak and it appears to be the yolk sak that I am seeing with two lumps or nots in one spot. This membrane also appears tightly around the duckling which may be why it is malpositioned. It cannot move. I was hoping to hear something earlier as now I have to leave for a few hours, shoot!

Help! Ok so I made a safe hole into the air cell and upped the humidity to around 70. I can see 2 bills but neither has pipped the internal membrane yet. Do I leave them alone for a few hours at this point? The 3rd looks like it may be malpositioned. I cannot find the beak and it appears to be the yolk sak that I am seeing with two lumps or nots in one spot. This membrane also appears tightly around the duckling which may be why it is malpositioned. It cannot move. I was hoping to hear something earlier as now I have to leave for a few hours, shoot!

OK hang tight let me see what I missed. Where are you right now?

Back
Top Bottom