HELP!!! Duck having seizures???

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
I am in need of help...
I found my duck upside down and flopping around and unable to turn right side up. Since then, she keeps turning on her side and flopping around, head all the way back and tongue hanging out... it almost looks as if she is having seizures. she is about 4 weeks old, and this is the first time this has happened....

What should we do? anyone have any ideas of what this could be???

please help
Tes

yes I would definetly do this as she needs nureological help

(1 and feed the duckling water with apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp to qt of water
Do this till after the duckling is better.
NOTE DO THIS
combine #2&#3 with #5 and put the Vitamins in the wet mash after doing the original vit's down the beak
use a eye dropper to put the vit B complex down its beak

(2 immediately give the duckling 1000 mg capsule of liquid Vit E by cutting the end of the capsule and taking the vit E capsule and let the oil run into the ducklings beak

(3 also need to crush a vit B complex pill in a tbsp and put it into a tsp of water and put it in the ducks beak after it is disolved
Do both Vit's twice today then for 7 days till you see some improvement in the duckling

then give twice a week for two weeks should see much improvement

(4 generally the shock of a event like the hatching will cause ducklings to have this nerve damage
also the fact that it is a crested duck. the crest puts stress on the head of the duck

(5 after today I would see if the duckling will eat a
this is for one duckling
multiply by the amt of chickens to be fed this wet mash

natural probiotic wet mash
2 tsp of dry crumbles
3 tsp of milk sweet, sour or buttermilk
1 tbsp of non flavored yogurt
1 tbsp of applesauce on top after Vit's have been mixed in
mix good and put the
vit E liquid as directed in the wet mash
and crumble the Vit B complex tablet in a tabsp and add to the wet mash

(6 Do this twice a day for 7 days to see if the duckling is better
then do this once a day for another week then once a week for a while
this should give the nervous system some stability
with that said

(7 you can email by PM for more information and include this inf so I remember what is happening

Thanks so much for the reply, we have already given the vitamins as a "lets see if this will work" But we will try the things you suggested... thank you so much for the other information...

Tes

Back
Top Bottom