Help ducks going bald on bellies

I keep in a rubbermaid tub... No matter how dry i keep it gets wet in no time... I think im about to cut it and add on too it...

Try using a margarine container with a hole cut into the lid so they can only get their bill into it....That's how I watered my ducklings....I know how messy they are with water....;)

Try using a margarine container with a hole cut into the lid so they can only get their bill into it....That's how I watered my ducklings....I know how messy they are with water....;)
can you show me... Im clueless

Give me a few minutes...I need to look back and see if I have a photo for you...;)

Like this..;)

Like this..;)
Omg i have to try that... Did it work good?!? How offend did you have to refill it up... I have 2 ducks

I filled it up as it got dirty....You can use sour cream or cottage cheese containers too...I just used different sizes as they grew..Now I use an ice cream pail.....:)

It works a lot better than a bowl of water they can jump into and splash all over the place...:)

I filled it up as it got dirty....You can use sour cream or cottage cheese containers too...I just used different sizes as they grew..Now I use an ice cream pail.....:)

It works a lot better than a bowl of water they can jump into and splash all over the place...:)
Sweet... Ive got to bulid a duck house cheap... I got a big dog kennel fence and old snowball stand... Maybe i can call lumber yard and see if they got scrap wood for cheap... Just not sure if i need to use chicken wire are what and how much will that run

Sweet... Ive got to bulid a duck house cheap... I got a big dog kennel fence and old snowball stand... Maybe i can call lumber yard and see if they got scrap wood for cheap... Just not sure if i need to use chicken wire are what and how much will that run
Chicken wire will not keep out predators it only works to keep poultry in. To make a really safe place for your ducks you'll need to use hardware wire[cloth] over any openings and have a secure lock going into your duck house because raccoons can open many a lock. Some kind of netting over the top of your kennel secured so climbing or flying preds can't get in. @Ally2u4me .

Last edited:
Looks like you have a good plan for the water.
When they get wet its normal to look like there is bald areas. Once they are dry and fluffed up they look normal again.
And i also bought a second rubbermade and cut the sides off and connected them. Because even with a diff waterer they still will get their bedding all wet.
So i connected mine and kept food and water on one side and the heat lap on the other with still one side cool. So one side always stayed dry and the water side often wet but i changed the bedding once a day.

Back
Top Bottom