Help!!! found this baby hiding under my truck.... not sure if its a turkey or chicken, or if its a w

And thank you all for caring just as much as me for this baby! You've all been so helpful

A very interesting thread. Strange critter in a strange situation. lol It will be interesting to find out exactly what it is. Are you feeding her "medicated" starter grower feed? That would help eliminate any coccis (sp) I lost two of my 6 hens recently and went to a vet and got some ls-50 which helped straighten them out and also switched to medicated feed and gave them a five day regime of corid which I got from the Tractor supply. I was just thinking of keeping it healthy. Keep the pictures coming as it develops. You have got everyone's curiosity going. LOL Good luck with her/him. sure has big feet.

If she starts to look depressed with fluffed out feathers and you notice her appetite changing, you might want to treat her for coccidiosis. And we would love to see a picture of her walking around enjoying life. I have been following this thread and am intrigued by her recovery.

If it's every 15 times or so I would think it's just cecal poop.....the ceca absorb excess liquid and store it, then release it every so many stools. Stinks to high heaven and looks disgusting, but perfectly normal.

I've put her in a bigger cage where she has room to walk around, she only stoops when she is sleeping, when she walks eats or drinks she stands normal, I did notice she's been having a little diarrhea, not much maybe once every 15 times she poops. Any ideas?

Don't worry, that's not diarrhea you're seeing, it's perfectly normal poops called cecals. All chickens do them....rather smelly, mustardy colour loose droppings, only released every dozen or so poops. These are produced as a result of a vital part of the digestive process and are nothing to fret over.....but boy do they pong!

First I just want to say sorry for the delay, trying to get a 5 year old in bed is like reverse hostage negotiations
barnie.gif
. LOL Today was the first time I took her outside for a little sunshine....she loved it....she was walking around and pecking at bugs and then plopped down and sprawled her wings out to sunbathe for a little while....but she never strayed more than a few steps away from me....Sadly I believe she is blind in her injured eye, when I waved a strawberry on her injured side she didn't move but when I move it to her good side she went nuts and gobbled it down, all I can hope for is that the blindness is temporary. Thank you all for following this special little baby's story, she's already captured my heart and will have a forever home for the rest of her life.
love.gif

Don't mind the dirty cage...lol

yummmm strawberries

You can really see where she is missing part of her comb

here is one of her walking around....that's why its blurry

Back
Top Bottom