Help Hatching Call Ducks

I bet it’s scary with call ducks
@WVduckchick if she is around she will be great help. Her flock is calls and she is really good at hatching them
It’s so scary! I feel like a nervous wreck, honestly. I began with 14, but ended with 3. I had a few that weren’t fertilized, and a few early quitters. It was sad. I’ve hatched Khaki Campbells before, but nothing this small! I am so grateful for all of your help. You all are keeping me grounded. I truly appreciate it. 💛

It’s so scary! I feel like a nervous wreck, honestly. I began with 14, but ended with 3. I had a few that weren’t fertilized, and a few early quitters. It was sad. I’ve hatched Khaki Campbells before, but nothing this small! I am so grateful for all of your help. You all are keeping me grounded. I truly appreciate it. 💛
You’re very welcome

One duckling didn’t make it. He stopped moving early this morning, and when I opened him up, he was very tiny and malpositioned. His name was going to be Bean. I’m so sad.

I don’t think the other egg has pipped internally yet. He’s moving a lot in there, but still the same as last night. Now I’m terrified of losing him too and only having one.

They are from a local farm in Massachusetts. It says “pet quality.” This is the duckling that didn’t make it. It’s very tiny.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 9
Calls generally hatch on day 26, but it depends on your temp, humidity, all the normal hatching factors. Could be a couple days before or after day 26.
Sorry you lost one, hope the last 2 make it. I have 2 internally pipped also, waiting for externals. Good luck to us both!

Calls generally hatch on day 26, but it depends on your temp, humidity, all the normal hatching factors. Could be a couple days before or after day 26.
Sorry you lost one, hope the last 2 make it. I have 2 internally pipped also, waiting for externals. Good luck to us both!
Yes, good luck to you, too! 💛 My temp was always 99.5 and my humidity was 50% until day 23, and then 70-75%. I just can’t tell if that other one pipped internally and can’t get a good enough picture to share. There is a little shadow near the bottom of the air sac, but it’s not much. The air sac is large now.

Yes, good luck to you, too! 💛 My temp was always 99.5 and my humidity was 50% until day 23, and then 70-75%. I just can’t tell if that other one pipped internally and can’t get a good enough picture to share. There is a little shadow near the bottom of the air sac, but it’s not much. The air sac is large now.
I also hatched a khaki campbell my first round, but being so new, only one made it. He’s in need of friends and too little to put with my others still. And they aren’t accepting him well. I hope this gives him some friends. He’s my sidekick currently.

Back
Top Bottom