Help !!! hatching goose egg !!

Yes they will realize it's dangerous.. and will make a lot of racket However I don't think the geese would try to attack it, however if they get bit it could be deadly
Last summer we had a 5' blk snake come through the flocks yard on it's way to the coop and those birds were terrorized by that snake they know snakes are dangerous. My Muscovy duck ate a copper head when I pick up a large rock while looking for worms for them, I was panicking calling vets to see if she was going to die while she was busy going about her business,I guess eating one and being bitten by one is different.

I dont think my geese saw the snake becuase they were very calm and i dont think they would eat such a big snake
Anyway we are being very careful i hope we dont find another one

And the eggs are fine but still no pips
And the goslings are getting cuter everyday!!!

Last edited:
I have chinese show geese she laid one egg last she has not sat on it we not messed with it either.yesterday she laid three sat on them half them today she rolled over andcthats it what should we do never had geese before any suggestion please?

I have chinese show geese she laid one egg last she has not sat on it we not messed with it either.yesterday she laid three sat on them half them today she rolled over andcthats it what should we do never had geese before any suggestion please?

If you plan on letting her to all the work... then I would number the eggs so you know which one is the oldest and decided how many eggs you want her to have (suggest 4-8) then wait. When she decides it's time to go set you will know. She will be glued to the nest with the exception of normally 2x a day when she gets up to eat, drink, poo and stretch. How long she is off the nest during these breaks depends on the temperature and the stage of the eggs.

Help !!
The eggs havent hatched yet so I tried to candle them and i cant find/see the air cell anymore the eggs are completly dark !!
I can hear scratching and tapping in one of the eggs
Does this gosling need help its been scratching/tapping for days

And why did the air cell disappear ???

Helppp

Last edited:
Help !!
The eggs havent hatched yet so I tried to candle them and i cant find/see the air cell anymore the eggs are completly dark !!
I can hear scratching and tapping in one of the eggs
Does this gosling need help its been scratching/tapping for days

And why did the air cell disappear ???

Helppp
In this link Pete talks about making a safe hole so the gosling can have air while it finishes hatching, read this before proceeding https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-for-breeding-incubating-hatching-and-rearing I have no idea about the air cells.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom