Help !!! hatching goose egg !!

hi
i checked the egg today and i found that the membrane dried overnight, it turned hard and white so i rubbed it with water, when it was moist again i was able to see that most of the veins disappeared (but there is still some small veins)
i kept touching the membrane but the gosling didn't move at all for more than 5 minutes and it looked dead so i tried to open a little bit of the membrane (there was not blood )
and when i did the gosling suddenly moved!!!
it was like a miracle !! i couldn't believe it was still alive !! it looked very much dead to me (and ive seen lots of dead in shell chicks so i know how a dead chick looks like )
but now i have a problem i cant find the goslings head or wing
and i can see a yellow bloody gooey thing i believe its the yolk sac but its not very big

what do you think i should do next ?
try to guess where the head is and open a hole for it to breath or should i wait for the yolk sac to be absorbed and then help it out ??

right now its in the bator wrapped in a damp cloth

hi
i checked the egg today and i found that the membrane dried overnight, it turned hard and white so i rubbed it with water, when it was moist again i was able to see that most of the veins disappeared (but there is still some small veins)
i kept touching the membrane but the gosling didn't move at all for more than 5 minutes and it looked dead so i tried to open a little bit of the membrane (there was not blood )
and when i did the gosling suddenly moved!!!
it was like a miracle !! i couldn't believe it was still alive !! it looked very much dead to me (and ive seen lots of dead in shell chicks so i know how a dead chick looks like )
but now i have a problem i cant find the goslings head or wing
and i can see a yellow bloody gooey thing i believe its the yolk sac but its not very big

what do you think i should do next ?
try to guess where the head is and open a hole for it to breath or should i wait for the yolk sac to be absorbed and then help it out ??

right now its in the bator wrapped in a damp cloth
If the yolk hasn't absorbed leave it alone till psue gets here if you have opened the membrane more than likely it can get air. How much of an opening is in the membrane now? can you get a pic? When my duckling was shrink wrapped I used a small spray bottle with warm water and lightly misted the membrane. some use qtip dipped in water. But I wouldn't think you'd want the opening covered seems it wouldn't be able to get oxygen.

i only opened the outer membrane there is another transparent gooey membrane which has all the veins
I didnt open this one
But i see some air trapped inside this membrane
I opened the whole air cell becuase the membrane was so dry i couldnt get it moist
Im not sure about the yolk i really dont know what im seeing ...
Ill send some pics.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

i only opened the outer membrane there is another transparent gooey membrane which has all the veins
I didnt open this one
But i see some air trapped inside this membrane
I opened the whole air cell becuase the membrane was so dry i couldnt get it moist
Im not sure about the yolk i really dont know what im seeing ...

Keep it moist... Babies head is tucked under a wing about 1/2 way down. It is not necessary at this point to get the head out... as the veins disappear you can use a damp q-tip to gently rub a small hole in that second membrane. as long as baby still responds your ok. This is a real touchy time... no promises but it's looking like it should right now.

Keep it moist... Babies head is tucked under a wing about 1/2 way down. It is not necessary at this point to get the head out... as the veins disappear you can use a damp q-tip to gently rub a small hole in that second membrane. as long as baby still responds your ok. This is a real touchy time... no promises but it's looking like it should right now.
That is great news!!
Come on baby stay with us!!
fl.gif

Hi thanks for all the great info and support but sadly the gosling didnt make it
I kep it moist and warm in the bator but when i came back it was dead.
i opened it to see its position the head was under the wing the beak couldnt reach the air cell .
The gosling tried to pip the side of the egg and accedently hit a vein
I found brown blood on its beak and on the membrane
Also the yolk sac was not absorbed !!!
Too bad I didnt take pictures ...

I hope the other eggs hatch naturally ...
I will keep updating

Thank you all so much !!!!

Hi thanks for all the great info and support but sadly the gosling didnt make it
I kep it moist and warm in the bator but when i came back it was dead.
i opened it to see its position the head was under the wing the beak couldnt reach the air cell .
The gosling tried to pip the side of the egg and accedently hit a vein
I found brown blood on its beak and on the membrane
Also the yolk sac was not absorbed !!!
Too bad I didnt take pictures ...

I hope the other eggs hatch naturally ...
I will keep updating

Thank you all so much !!!!
I'm so sorry, you did your best, sometimes there are things wrong and we just don't know what they are genetic abnormalities for one. How many are left and when are they due?

Back
Top Bottom