Help! I have to cook pork chops....

Littlecimarron18

Songster
12 Years
Jan 3, 2008
Colorado
any good ideas?
my mom went to town and left me to cook them. and i really hate the way she cooks them. She just puts them in a baking pan with a little oil and salt and pepper.
I want something delicious.
Something other than plain baked pork chops.
Help.

if you dnt have any Shake-N-Bake in the house..(my favorite), you could make a glaze with applesauce maybe??

I fry mine in a pan with EVO salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
About 4 mins each side! Depending on how thick.

I have baked mine with cream of mushroom soup mixed with some milk, same salt, pepper onion and garlic powder, top with durkee french fried onions! That comes out good!

well i dont know about you but i fry my in the skillet, use a lot of buuter and salt and pepper. normally they have a great butter taste if you use enough and it helps them to keep from sticking to the skillet!!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
This sounds strange, but first I marinate them in beer, ketchup and garlic powder for about an hour. Then I pat them dry, sear them in a hot pan and plunk 'em into the oven to finish. Moist and super tasty!!

This may sound a little odd, but it really is good.

Brown the pork chops in oil. Put in baking dish. Combine 2 cans of chicken noodle soup, a can or so of water that has been mixed with 2-3 Tbls of flour. Pour over pork chops and bake till done. The soup makes a great gravy on the chops.

#1 idea - pork chops and rice

Pan fry the pork chops in a heavy skillet with a little oil. Get them brown on both sides but not done. Remove to a plate. Take rice - for our house I use 2 cups of rice. Put the rice in the skillet and stir it all around and begin to toast the rice and get up all those nice pan drippings. Put rice in the bottom of a baking dish, lay pork chops on top, add one can of chicken broth and two cans of water. So now you have rice on the bottom, pork chops on the top. Cover all with foil and put into a 350 degree oven. After 30 min, check the liquid levels, Isometimes have to add more water. Continue baking until the rice is tender, add liquid as needed.

half a stick of butter, 1 small onion, sautee til tender
In a crock pot add above mixture with one can of cream of mushroom
add pork chops, cook on high for 3 hours til tender. They will fall apart when ready. If you need them to cook faster, just lightly brown them on both sides before adding to crock pot.

Back
Top Bottom