HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need helpl finding my next breeds to get!!!

which breed do you think i should get?

• buff orpringtons

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • gold sex links

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black australorps

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

GOLDENSEABRIGHT

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 4, 2014
Hello,
I am trying to find a perfect breed to get next spring. I have narrowed it down to three suspects.
Buff orprington
Gold sex links
Black australorps.

I live in Bartow county GA and it can get pretty cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I will keep them in the coop to... no free-range.

Please help me.
Thank you

I vote buff orps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are cold hardy, SUPER friendly, great layers, docile, curious and awesome!

But, sex links are great layers and australorps are hardy, friendly and layers too.

All three breeds are very hardy, but the Australorps are the hardiest of the three, able to take very cold or hot temps; the Sex Links are the best layers of the three, but only by the slimmest of margins over the Australorps; the Buff Orpingtons are the prettiest of the three (although that is a subjective issue); and the Orpingtons and Australorps have the calmest and gentlest personalities (not that the Gold Sex Links are bad). It's a tough choice, but I personally would favor the Australorps as the best all round of the three. However they will be your birds, not our birds, and you are the one who will be caring for them, so get whichever you think you will like the best.

Back
Top Bottom