HELP! lockdown humidity

silkieshorts

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2024
Is it safe to put a sponge in the incubator alongside the eggs or will chicks peck at it when hatched?

I have 6 silkie eggs on lockdown since last night, I candled them before locking down and all are looking good to go, today is day 18, two eggs are wobbling a little bit since right before lockdown, my hygrometer is reading 48-50% humidity. I’m using a brinsea mini 2 eco, both chambers are as full as possible but the humidity won’t rise any further than that. The water chambers don’t have space for sponge.

Is it safe to put a sponge in the incubator alongside the eggs or will chicks peck at it when hatched?

I have 6 silkie eggs on lockdown since last night, I candled them before locking down and all are looking good to go, today is day 18, two eggs are wobbling a little bit since right before lockdown, my hygrometer is reading 48-50% humidity. I’m using a brinsea mini 2 eco, both chambers are as full as possible but the humidity won’t rise any further than that. The water chambers don’t have space for sponge.
dude, I had a flock of Rhode Island Reds a few years ago who ate the HEAVY DUTY STYROFOAM that my stepdad used to insulate their coop. it made the eggs taste funny, but the chickens were fine.

Back
Top Bottom