LOCKDOWN HUMIDITY HELP

Wrenshensffe

Chirping
Feb 27, 2023
Temperance, Michigan
I’m on second day of lockdown using the Nurture Right 360, and it states the vent needs to be fully open for oxygen, however I have both pots completely full, and a wet sponge in with the eggs and it’s only reading 64%. The central humidity in the basement is 50% so I’m not sure why I’m having such a hard time getting it up, but hatch day is tomorrow/Saturday and I need to desperately increase humidity. I could only get it to 45% during incubation and even had to fill pot b sometimes.

60-65% humidity is what I usually do for lockdown. Do you have a calibrated hygrometer or are you using one off the incubator?
Okay hopefully they’ll be good then :) I have another hygrometer in there stating it’s sever percent higher humidity than the already calibrated one on the machine, but I put shelf liner with holes on the bottom for when they hatch and the thermometer on the hygrometer is reading 97.9 degrees with 72% humidity and my incubator is 100.5 degrees (increased to see if it would help reading on separate thermometer) 64% humidity.

First issue is your trusting the built-in humidity reading and they are usually very wrong.
Salt test the separately purchased humidity gauge before you use it again.
The vents need to stay open at all times.
I would throw the vent plugs away.

I never raise my humidity when I'm hatching eggs until I see an external pip and then I only raise it to about 50%.

Have you been candling your eggs throughout to make sure they are developing well?

First issue is your trusting the built-in humidity reading and they are usually very wrong.

I never raise my humidity when I'm hatching eggs until I see an external pip and then I only raise it to about 50%.

Have you been candling your eggs throughout to make sure they are developing well

Have you been candling your eggs throughout to make sure they are developing well?
Yes I’ve had 6 out of 14 not make it to lockdown, everyone else was right where they should be. I’m not buying all the fancy gauges and whatnot, I’ve already spent plenty on two separate incubators. I’m a backyard hobby farm. I’m just needed advice for this particular model as I’ve seen a lot of success with it.

here is what i noticed with mine , , first make sure your unit is level , if it is not level it can reduce the amount of water you can fill in it and i noticed a direct correlation in water level and humidity level , second it will take more water than you think , the resevoir fill area will appear to be full however you can keep pouring slowely and it will take considerably more even if it looks full

Yes I’ve had 6 out of 14 not make it to lockdown, everyone else was right where they should be. I’m not buying all the fancy gauges and whatnot, I’ve already spent plenty on two separate incubators. I’m a backyard hobby farm. I’m just needed advice for this particular model as I’ve seen a lot of success with it.
Not fancy. Cheap.
Check this out! https://a.co/d/aDYICD2

Using calibrated/tested CHEAP instruments helps.

00B94448-0451-4799-9A48-FA5E756A7934.jpeg

Woke up to 2 babies and one pipped! The pipped hatched while I was setting up the heat plate a tub. We’re currently at 62% humidity, 2 pipped eggs, 3 babies, and 3 with no signs of hatching.

Back
Top Bottom