Help! Mystery chicks!

I had 2 "extras" thrown in and 2 ordered "assorted rare breeds". Their list of possible chicks from this assortment is: Ancona, Easter Egger, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Campine, Lakenvelder, Faverolles, Buttercup, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Penedesenca, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington

That was what I was leaning toward. So correction, 2 of the tans are mysteries! Probably 2 extra Easter Eggers. Still wondering about the 3rd Blue though.

Oh, sorry. Duh! This is my first time using a forum, so my learning curve is showing.
The coloring is similar to a Wheaten Marans, but she's clean shanked. Aren't all Marans feather shanked?

Nope... was thinking maybe its an experimental coloring not listed yet. Or i'm totally off. was my only solid guess. Second is the default of EE. Third is maybe a Speckled Sussex? Just doesn't seem so, though.

Not an Easter Egger. I was hoping swedish flower or jubilee orpington. I don't see anything else they could be. Time will tell though.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom