Help! Nearly 5wk old Pekin Ducklings pecking at little wings!

This I'd say is angel wing , are his/her feathers still growing in if they are go ahead and try wrapping , if feathers are already in then wait till the molt out their wing feathers and then wrap It worked for one member so dif worth trying. This isn't a life or death thing but those wings can get caught on stuff so you may want to trim the longest feathers back eventually.

Last edited:
Thank you. I thought as much. The feathers are nearly right out. Too late maybe?

Still growing then, I'd give it a try... just leave it wrapped for the full time, *I think* it will take longer to correct as it is more prominent than Io's was... if it doesn't work then try again at molt as Miss Lydia advised...

RavynFallen Io looks so good l hope my babies will be ok. :-(

They will be just fine... it really only affects their ability to fly, it isn't a truly awful health issue... no matter what, they are lucky to have you... :)

Still growing then, I'd give it a try... just leave it wrapped for the full time, *I think* it will take longer to correct as it is more prominent than Io's was... if it doesn't work then try again at molt as Miss Lydia advised...
They will be just fine... it really only affects their ability to fly, it isn't a truly awful health issue... no matter what, they are lucky to have you...
smile.png
X2!

Thank you so much. You guys are so supportive! If l wrap them will they still be able to step into the sleeping box over the step and through the hole? The others wont pick on them right?
And whats the best stuff to use as l dont want it to fall off if it gets wet?
Oh my poor babies l feel terrible. :-(
Im off to get a few bits for the bath so it can be filled properly etc so will grab something when lm out.

Thank you so much. You guys are so supportive! If l wrap them will they still be able to step into the sleeping box over the step and through the hole? The others wont pick on them right?
And whats the best stuff to use as l dont want it to fall off if it gets wet?
Oh my poor babies l feel terrible. :-(
Im off to get a few bits for the bath so it can be filled properly etc so will grab something when lm out.

Yes, they'll be able to step into the sleeping box just fine, just takes a few mins to get used to... they might try to pick it off themselves, so it needs to be snug, but not too tight... do you have anything like vet wrap there? Stretchy, disposable elastic type tape that sticks to itself but not skin or feathers?

Sorry, am on phone so can't get a link up right now... Miss Lydia? :D ;)

Yes, they'll be able to step into the sleeping box just fine, just takes a few mins to get used to... they might try to pick it off themselves, so it needs to be snug, but not too tight... do you have anything like vet wrap there? Stretchy, disposable elastic type tape that sticks to itself but not skin or feathers?

Sorry, am on phone so can't get a link up right now... Miss Lydia?
big_smile.png
wink.png
Hey Vet wrap is awesome I buy at TSC it's for horse's gosh is that stuff good. Like RavynFallen says be careful not to get too tight or circulation can be cut off but you want it snug enough it won't fall off. I'd dif stay with them if you let them get into water because their balance might not be so good with wings wrapped. I'm not sure what you mean by getting through a hole can you post a pic.

Hey Vet wrap is awesome I buy at TSC it's for horse's  gosh is that stuff good. Like RavynFallen says be careful not to get too tight or circulation can be cut off but you want it snug enough it won't fall off. I'd dif stay with them if you let them get into water because their balance might not be so good with wings wrapped. I'm not sure what you mean by getting through a hole can you post a pic. 

Miss Lydia, I don't think they have TSC in New Zealand... ;)

I just don't know if they might have a different name for it there?

Back
Top Bottom