Help! Peacock reacting after injection...

Point .2 ml per 1000 gm of bird orally. Your bird should weigh about 2000 gm. that is about four and a half pounds. You can mix it in the food but make sure the bird eats all the food or you can drizzle it down the throat but be careful that it does not go down the trachea which is right in the middle behind the tongue. Since you know how much the bird eats mix it in a little less of the normal ration once a day. The amount of LIQUID Corid for your sized bird is point four ml or cc which is the same as ml.

Did the vet say if the level of Cocci was a heavy load or just that it/they had it? If this is the sample from the outside pen you will have to figure out the total amount of birds weight and mix the Corid into their food too. Healthy birds are much easier to give the Corid to in a wetted feed (mash). Put the Corid in some water then add it to a bucket with their normal crumbles and mix it in. If it s too watery you an add some more feed or if it is too dry you can add more water. It is important that they eat all that feed in one day and repeat every day for five days.

It is also recommended to give a lower dosage, 6% for a couple of weeks after the outbreak dosage, 24%. I'll look up that amount and double check my figures for you shortly.

all the vet said is there were more then 10 not sure what that means and all I could find in town as everthing was closed bu the time I got there was amprol 128 20% soluble powder I mixed 1/2 teaspoon in a gallon of water this would equal 2.19 grams is this the correct dosage. I can get corrid liquid in the morning but would like to get them started with this right away

The amount I would put in a mash works out to 20mg/kg. To calculate that dose do the following:

Weight of flock in kilograms, times 20, divide by 96. The answer to that is the number of ml of Corid needed for the mash.

Example for ten 500 gram chicks (500 grams = 0.5kg), so 10 times 0.5kg = 5kg
5 x 20/96 = 1.04ml Corid for mash

all the vet said is there were more then 10 not sure what that means and all I could find in town as everthing was closed bu the time I got there was amprol 128 20% soluble powder I mixed 1/2 teaspoon in a gallon of water this would equal 2.19 grams is this the correct dosage. I can get corrid liquid in the morning but would like to get them started with this right away

Read the thread that Garden Peas pointed you to and note the chart that Kathy provided. The first sentence says that 1/2 teaspoon is not enough for an outbreak, 1/2 teaspoon is correct for maintenance but not enough for an outbreak. 1 1/2 teaspoons is the correct amount to put in one gallon of water for a severe outbreak but how much of that to put in feed or down a throat I don't know the answer to. I don't use the powder so I haven't figured it out. It could be in the thread somewhere and I missed it.

Read the thread that Garden Peas pointed you to and note the chart that Kathy provided. The first sentence says that 1/2 teaspoon is not enough for an outbreak, 1/2 teaspoon is correct for maintenance but not enough for an outbreak. 1 1/2 teaspoons is the correct amount to put in one gallon of water for a severe outbreak but how much of that to put in feed or down a throat I don't know the answer to. I don't use the powder so I haven't figured it out. It could be in the thread somewhere and I missed it.

You can use either the powder or the liquid. All the dosages are in the very first post of that thread which Kathy (@casportpony ) so very thoughtfully and magnificently provided. There's a lot of other good information, and it's a pretty long thread altogether, but you can use the first post and get most of the information you need for dosing. If you look, it says use so much powder on one line, and use so much liquid on the next line, so the information about powder and about liquid is all there together.

If it's confusing, let us know and we can try to help
hugs.gif
Hang in there.

@Garden Peas , this is confusing to me and why I asked Kathy to figure oral dosing later in the thread.

The chart is for mixing those amounts in one gallon of drinking water not the amount needed to treat the bird if given orally. It is like the 3cc of Safeguard in a gallon of water problem, you need to get 3cc into the bird and it is not going to drink a gallon of water. Post #35 tells us how much liquid per kilo of bird but I don't know how much powder is the equivalent.

@casportpony !!!

Last edited:
stool sample came from outside pen also just found a store that has liquid corid on hand Im going to get as the threads I have read say that the amprol 128 only kills 2 types and not all 9 is this correct

Back
Top Bottom