Help relocation of wild bee's

Ok I posted it on YouTube its under amateur wild bee harvest
Hope I did it right lol

Congrats on the capture. I caught 4 swarms last year, two made it into winter. We will see how they make it this spring. I hear many people say they are "allergic to bees". A big majority of the people who got stung at the time didn't know if they were stung by a honey bee, a yellow jacket, or what. If you are not sure and are interested in bees I would have an allergy test done to see if you are allergic to honey bees. Some people are and some people aren't but you won't know for sure without a test.

For the OP where are you located? It is too cold in the north right now to be disturbing a feral hive. I am curious how hot it is where you are, sometimes keeping them closed up for a couple days can kill them if temps are high.

Congrats on the capture. I caught 4 swarms last year, two made it into winter. We will see how they make it this spring. I hear many people say they are "allergic to bees". A big majority of the people who got stung at the time didn't know if they were stung by a honey bee, a yellow jacket, or what. If you are not sure and are interested in bees I would have an allergy test done to see if you are allergic to honey bees. Some people are and some people aren't but you won't know for sure without a test.

For the OP where are you located? It is too cold in the north right now to be disturbing a feral hive. I am curious how hot it is where you are, sometimes keeping them closed up for a couple days can kill them if temps are high.
Unfortunately for me it was a honey bee, 100%, twice. Both times I didn't see them and accidentally grabbed it, saw the bee in my hand before dropping it. Although it has been a while, maybe I outgrew it. I actually plan to have an allergy test soon anyway to see if there is anything I can do about seasonal allergies. If I've outgrown it, maybe I'll get me some bees!

OP, I'm going to show my dad your video! He's been wanting bees for a while and he's got several big apple trees and a pear tree on his property. Mmmmm... Apple blossom honey!

Sorry I don't know what OP means? But I kept them locked up for 2 days they are out now. And seem to be doing fine. I have only looked in the top of the box "super" because I don't want to mess with them to much and them leave. When do u think it would be safe to open it all up and see them?
they seem to be going in and out fine, and I still have the sugar water in the box for food. My only concern is that I don't see them coming back to the box with pollen like they did where they where at before I don't know if it is because of the sugar water or because they haven't really been exploring yet I let them out on Sunday and it's Wednesday and I'm new at this so I don't really know what to do. The temperature has been between 40s to 60s in the middle of the day. When should I be able to open up the box and look?

I opent the hive yesterday to check them and found that thwy where connecting the comb int the frames to the frams. I think thats good.

There was not much brood, or larve . But remember that they have only been out for 5 days.

They also maid 6 superceder cells. I think that eather they are going to replace the queen , or swarm and leave them there. Any help or advice would help. Please. Thanks

The queen superceder cells are spread out on 3 separate combs. All so 70% of the combs are full of nectar, not much pollin. The flowers here have not started to bloom yet.

Back
Top Bottom