Help with assisting twin hatch (muscovi)

The brown spot is not increasing in size or darkness so far.

The pointy end of that one also has moved sideways maybe 2 or 3 millimetres towards where the other’s internal pip is. It was pretty active just now, definitely looked like it was pushing into the air cell but not getting through yet.

Keeping a close eye on it. I hope it pips internally on its own as well :fl

The brown spot is not increasing in size or darkness so far.

The pointy end of that one also has moved sideways maybe 2 or 3 millimetres towards where the other’s internal pip is. It was pretty active just now, definitely looked like it was pushing into the air cell but not getting through yet.

Keeping a close eye on it. I hope it pips internally on its own as well :fl
Keep us posted
Every finger I have is crossed for this egg

@New duck mommy 2021 what about this?

It’s very faint but i didn’t notice this until just now, don’t think it was there at 3h ago. I also haven’t seen the pointy shadow the last 2 times I checked. Still don’t think it is darker as you said but definitely a larger 5mm ish area with a blue-ish hue.

Is that a bruise?

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 18
@New duck mommy 2021 what about this?

It’s very faint but i didn’t notice this until just now, don’t think it was there at 3h ago. I also haven’t seen the pointy shadow the last 2 times I checked. Still don’t think it is darker as you said but definitely a larger 5mm ish area with a blue-ish hue.

Is that a bruise?
Yes that looks like a bruise
Can you candle right there and see in ?
Then mark the middle of the bruise and make the safety hole just as big as the tac pin. Not a big hole
I candle so I can see where is the safe place

I’ll try candling under a blanket before making the safety hole cause I can’t see anything so far. I’ll update once it is done.

Thank you thank you!
It’s very risky as you don’t want to hit a vein
To cause that bruise baby has hit a vein but when they do it they eat it
When we do it they don’t
That’s why I candle and shoot for the middle of the bruise and only go tiny not yo hit other veins
I try to hit where they have broke one already
If they makes sense

Ok, I think that went as well as I can do it. The blanked made a huge difference. I candled around the area and made the hole where the pointy end of the shadow seemed centrered. Definitely saw a beak opening and closing there once. No blood at all and I’m sure I went through both the shell and membrane.

Can’t really see well on the photo of candling the beak was visible to me there but here is the end result.

What now?

I can’t do anything for the next hour as I’m in a meeting… So glad I noticed it now and not after. Thanks for all the support, I’d have messed up already if it wasn’t for you

:love

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpeg
    IMG_1063.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 9
Ok, I think that went as well as I can do it. The blanked made a huge difference. I candled around the area and made the hole where the pointy end of the shadow seemed centrered. Definitely saw a beak opening and closing there once. No blood at all and I’m sure I went through both the shell and membrane.

Can’t really see well on the photo of candling the beak was visible to me there but here is the end result.

What now?

I can’t do anything for the next hour as I’m in a meeting… So glad I noticed it now and not after. Thanks for all the support, I’d have messed up already if it wasn’t for you

:love
Great job
That’s all baby needs for air
You don’t have to do a thing for the next 48-72 hours
Let the egg be and baby may make its own pip still
Outside the air cell take 48-72 hours to hatch after the bruise
I make my hole them leave the egg be for 48 hours. Then I’ll candle to see what the veins look like. If you still see veins wait another 6 hours and check again. If all veins look gone you can slowly start to help
It’s really important to not bother the egg now so baby absorbs as normal

Back
Top Bottom