Twin duck egg

Oh no! I’m so sorry. :hugs

Don’t give up on trying to hatch twins! They’re extremely rare and hard to hatch and most often don’t make it through incubation…but that makes it all the more rewarding when they do hatch. It’s up to you, but I think you should keep trying!

Oh no! I’m so sorry. :hugs

Don’t give up on trying to hatch twins! They’re extremely rare and hard to hatch and most often don’t make it through incubation…but that makes it all the more rewarding when they do hatch. It’s up to you, but I think you should keep trying!
I may try it again if I get another chance. My duck hasn’t laid any more doubles but has been weirdly laying 2 eggs a day lately.

Because you have other eggs I wouldn’t go higher for humidity
Just watch them closely candling a few times a day starting day 20 on
That way once you see the shadowing along air cell yoy can start watching for internal pips and any bruising
Once you see internal pip immediately make the small safety hole. With 2 they will take the air faster
Not a big hole just pin size so air gets in but they don’t get dried out
If you see a bruise anywhere on the egg make a safety hole in the middle
That’s all one can do to try to help
I’ve always read to leave them alone after lockdown at day 18. Does candeling after that not disrupt anything? I’m curious because I may have a twin egg incubating and I want to have the best chances.

Back
Top Bottom