Help with assisting twin hatch (muscovi)

Yes that’s a bruise
Get a safety hole right away
That’s been there longer
I ended up doing exactly that, immediately after posting about the candling. Still can’t see anything. It looked like there was a second layer of squishy shell behind, so I’m guessing Iight colored beak. No movement but not much more I can do. No blood there either. :confused:

Just so annoyed I didn’t notice earlier because I remember seeing it yesterday evening in hindsight… :he it just didn’t register because I didn’t expect bruising on that egg :(

Quick update, I just checked on egg #3 again (the one with the larger bruise) and wasn't happy with the pinhole. I made it slightly larger and figured out I hadn't gone through the membrane correctly. I can now see a little beak moving behind the hole.

My last egg #1 has no bruise for sure. I am now going to let them do their thing for the next 48h, but so far they all seem to have movement :celebrate

Now just need to hope they figure out the rest on their own :fl.

Quick update, I just checked on egg #3 again (the one with the larger bruise) and wasn't happy with the pinhole. I made it slightly larger and figured out I hadn't gone through the membrane correctly. I can now see a little beak moving behind the hole.

My last egg #1 has no bruise for sure. I am now going to let them do their thing for the next 48h, but so far they all seem to have movement :celebrate

Now just need to hope they figure out the rest on their own :fl.
Hardest thing to do is wait. Sit on your hands and try try try not to interfere! I speak from experience. I 'helped' too early with my first ones. :(

I ended up doing exactly that, immediately after posting about the candling. Still can’t see anything. It looked like there was a second layer of squishy shell behind, so I’m guessing Iight colored beak. No movement but not much more I can do. No blood there either. :confused:

Just so annoyed I didn’t notice earlier because I remember seeing it yesterday evening in hindsight… :he it just didn’t register because I didn’t expect bruising on that egg :(
Well all one can do now is wait
Once you learn about bruises you will start to watch every egg just in case
I automatically do it now

Hardest thing to do is wait. Sit on your hands and try try try not to interfere! I speak from experience. I 'helped' too early with my first ones. :(
Thanks! Yeah, I read so many threads where people helped too early before my first batch that I got scared enough to not help any of my first 2 hatches, and both the malpositioned ones hatched by themselves.

I was shaking like a leaf and had a good cry after poking that pinhole in the first bruise (but only for 5 minutes because work meeting after). Now that's done and I know I must wait I actually feel pretty chill at the moment, compared to previous hatches.

Well all one can do now is wait
Once you learn about bruises you will start to watch every egg just in case
I automatically do it now
Yes, I'm definitely not going to forget to check that moving forward. <3

Thanks! Yeah, I read so many threads where people helped too early before my first batch that I got scared enough to not help any of my first 2 hatches, and both the malpositioned ones hatched by themselves.

I was shaking like a leaf and had a good cry after poking that pinhole in the first bruise (but only for 5 minutes because work meeting after). Now that's done and I know I must wait I actually feel pretty chill at the moment, compared to previous hatches.
It's been quite a while since I hatched my ducks, but I remember that shaky feeling! I felt like throwing up from the stress when I helped my duckling hatch. I waited longer than necessary, but still felt terrified of doing something wrong.
Very worth it though, she was just fine

Back
Top Bottom