help with candling please :)

Its different when you hatch them your self then when you just buy them.
smile.png

10X different, you get more attached!!!

Safe Holes should be made DIRECTLY on the top, not to the side, not where there beaks are, Directly on top. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Everyone does it differently. You do your's on top, many of us do them on the side as shown in the picture. Personal preference.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Last edited:
I think tonight I'm going to try to break the shell where the air cell is and see what's going on. I'm a nurse so I will be able to go slow and watch for signs of bleeding and know when to stop ! Lol I'm giving him today thinking he may be behind and trying to open it tonight. #3 is such a lighter color then the other two! Has a yellow tip on each wing and a yellow ring around his neck!

Congratulations!! Can't wait to meet my baby now I've gone into lockdown today. Can't seem to stabilise humidity at the moment...any ideas guys? You all have to help me get through my first hatch now :) ;)

Congratulations!! Can't wait to meet my baby now I've gone into lockdown today. Can't seem to stabilise humidity at the moment...any ideas guys? You all have to help me get through my first hatch now
smile.png
wink.png
What I have used is a cup of water and I would put a paper towel in the water, or you can use sponges...

I think tonight I'm going to try to break the shell where the air cell is and see what's going on. I'm a nurse so I will be able to go slow and watch for signs of bleeding and know when to stop ! Lol I'm giving him today thinking he may be behind and trying to open it tonight. #3 is such a lighter color then the other two! Has a yellow tip on each wing and a yellow ring around his neck!

I would make the safe hole. then put your ear to the hole, Tap on the shell as your listening, to hear for any noise, if nothing then smell inside, make sure it's not decaying, if all checks out then slowly peal back shell up to HIS membrane, wet the membrane and push on it with your finger to see if there's any movements. If still nothing, then you could probably safely discard it. I would LOVE to see you open it and show me the inside so we can see what went wrong, if you have the stomach for it.

IF BY CHANCE there is movement, LOL LET ME KNOW we can get him out still....,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom