Help with gender predictions

I never knew this. So interesting
Another fact: a cockerel imprinting on you (which he will do when you are the first moving thing he sees after hatching) is dangerous because he will see you as a chicken and will most likely be a lot more aggressive towards you when he grows older.

Imprinting, & Babying cockerels don't make them aggressive later down the road.

Fact: When a chick, & hen make eye contact, it's a way of bonding.
Me, & my chicks do this as well, both genders.

What imprinting/bonding will do. These were broody raised, & kicked out of mother's care early at 4 weeks.
The cockerel/rooster I no longer have, but the hen I do. He wasn't human aggressive, but only aggressive to his older brother Dino.

Obvious young human Aggressive cockerels may follow you around, & or peck at your pants, or shoes. These are danger signs. Had a Buff Orpington cockerel like this a couple years ago. Started as early as 7 weeks.

Hi everyone. I am raising 2 Polish chickens and and 1 pekin bantam. The white polish is the biggest and purposefully stands tall over the other chicks. She also is always on the look out. I suspect it is a boy. Please let me know what you think. He is 5 weeks old today.
I think Polish #1, maybe a cockerel. Polish are pretty tricky to sex at this age.

Another fact: a cockerel imprinting on you (which he will do when you are the first moving thing he sees after hatching) is dangerous because he will see you as a chicken and will most likely be a lot more aggressive towards you when he grows older.
Wow! I think we brought him home when he was 2 days old. There is so much to learn about chickens and I’m here for it.

H
Obvious young human Aggressive cockerels may follow you around, & or peck at your pants, or shoes. These are danger signs. Had a Buff Orpington cockerel like this a couple years ago. Started as early as 7 weeks.
When he was 1 week old he used to nip aggressively at my hand as I was picking him up. I thought he was just scared but perhaps it was a warning sign of cockerel?

H

When he was 1 week old he used to nip aggressively at my hand as I was picking him up. I thought he was just scared but perhaps it was a warning sign of cockerel?
Could be a warning for human aggression, but he could also just been not liking being picked up.

I used to have a cockerel that would play fight with my hand everytime I reached in the brooder. He grew out of that, & turned to a handsome friendly rooster. I no longer have him, he died of cancer in 2021.

Imprinting, & Babying cockerels don't make them aggressive later down the road.

Fact: When a chick, & hen make eye contact, it's a way of bonding.
Me, & my chicks do this as well, both genders.

What imprinting/bonding will do. These were broody raised, & kicked out of mother's care early at 4 weeks.
The cockerel/rooster I no longer have, but the hen I do. He wasn't human aggressive, but only aggressive to his older brother Dino.
This is so cool. Is it a positive thing when they jump on your shoulder or are they return to assert their dominance? Our little pekin walks up our arm onto our shoulder.

I just realised I never posted pictures of the other polish. This is the other polish which we think is a hen. The white polish above is the one bird.

Attachments

• 21F38D68-C356-4034-B69D-2E09482CF1CD.png
    21F38D68-C356-4034-B69D-2E09482CF1CD.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom