Help with getting the hatch right

It seems really strong just seems to be rocking on his feet so I made him little cardboard shoes and it has just started to run around and hasn't fallen over again yet I just don't know how long to leave them on for.

Booties are great. Leave them on for a day, take them off and see how he does. If the are still curled, put them back on for another day. 48-72 hours should be plenty to fix him up.

Glad the others are getting stronger. I bet they will all be fine, happy, pooping up a storm and making a huge mess in no time! :D

I have a question, now even baby chiks eat very little within the first week or so, but in comparison overall do ducks eat less? How would you describe their eating habits and portions

My ducklings eat loads about double that my chicks are but for the first week at least I mix all their food with water to make a kind of soup for them it makes it easier for them to eat.

That's great I hope the booties work I still can't believe I had 4 ducklings out of 6 shipped eggs. I have 2 eggs on day 25 tomorrow and 5 eggs on day 23 so hopefully I will have a few more babies soon then I just got to figure out what bread they all are.

My weak little duckling seems to be doing great it is tiny compared to the other 3 but running everywhere I think the booties and b vitamins drops in its water have worked brilliant so now I have to do it all again as I have 2 eggs on day 25 so going in to lock down I hope I do as well with these two and the other 24 eggs I have in growing.

Back
Top Bottom