Help with getting the hatch right

katie246

Songster
Mar 3, 2017
S wales uk
Hi I am on my second hatch and need a bit of advice as my first hatch didn't go very well I had 8 eggs make it to lock down but don't think I got it right as only 2 hatched and one was a lot smaller than the other and sadly died yesterday at 16 days old so I'm left with just one little miracle and I have put more eggs in my incubator at different times I also read it was better to have a second incubator for just hatching in so I have set up this ready as my first 6 eggs are on day 15 and I have 2 eggs on day 10 4 eggs on day 8 and just put another 11 eggs in today as I'm determined my little miracle will have lots of friends I'm just not sure when is best to move the eggs into hatching incubator and what temp and humidity do I need please.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice, I had two hygrometer/thermometers in at the same time and the temp was about right with the thermostat but the humidity was off by alot on both do I was going with the higher one, but I just did an emergency 2min installation of a 12v 6inch fan that I had on another of my Bator's, and since the fans been on, now both hygrometers are even, temp is 39.2 I do Celsius, and I feel less anxious knowing the exact humidity, which is 70, and I done marked a small circle where the bby pecks when I candle the air sack, the other egg seems as if it still needs about a week to go, but I feel.much better with the fan and your final words of advice thank you I truly appreciate it

Ok thanks I have 5 external pips now and can hear peeping one of the eggs has quite a big hole but I can still see lots of veins and it looks like the membrane is starting to dry out its turning a yellow kind of colour is this normal.

Nice! Congrats on the pips. Yellowing is usually a sign of drying out, but not too bad unless it gets really brown and dry looking. If you feel like its too dry, you can use a q-tip with a little vaseline or coconut oil to moisten it up. What you want to see is papery white, to camp gray.

Good news the lone egg of two that showed was pecking at the light when candled has pipped at 17 hundred hours ;) , gig.

Yeah! Countdown!

I have a few different breeds and hopefully these babies and the other 25 eggs I have still growing in my other bator I will have a few more different ones.

Back
Top Bottom