Helpful Links about Feeding Your Flock

I would like to hear more about what NOT to feed chickens. Because I do accumulate vegetable scraps in the kitchen and yet I believe there are certain things we shouldn’t be feeding them; for example avocado. In the beginning I was throwing out remainders of avocados but somewhere I read that these are poisonous even though I didn’t see any chickens dropping dead at the time. perhaps I stopped before it was too late. Likewise I have a couple of beautiful Saanen goats that I have to be careful what to feed from the garden.

I would like to hear more about what NOT to feed chickens. Because I do accumulate vegetable scraps in the kitchen and yet I believe there are certain things we shouldn’t be feeding them; for example avocado. In the beginning I was throwing out remainders of avocados but somewhere I read that these are poisonous even though I didn’t see any chickens dropping dead at the time. perhaps I stopped before it was too late. Likewise I have a couple of beautiful Saanen goats that I have to be careful what to feed from the garden.
Good point!
I also fed my chickens avocado skins, but none died and when I learned they may be toxic, I stopped. However, I don't think they ever really ate them.

Back
Top Bottom