Hen.....Molting?

Does she have a fowl odor or discharge coming from her vent? It's possible that it could be vent gleet. I would research it and see if the symptoms match because it is important that it's caught early.

I'm sorry but what i looked up, Vent Gleet is NOTHING to what I posted .

That's a good thing. 

So her only symptom is losing feathers around her vent? Or is she losing feathers on her body as well?  

She is losing feathers on her body aswell.Well, the first day she was shaking she was quite lethargic but know she is fine.Only bare spots.She isn't losing feathers, only a few, but still

Quote: She is losing feathers on her body aswell.Well, the first day she was shaking she was quite lethargic but know she is fine.Only bare spots.She isn't losing feathers, only a few, but still
What are you feeding? It's odd that she is losing feathers again after just molting, I've had birds molt twice, back to back, but it's not common nor healthy from what I understand.

I'm sorry but what i looked up, Vent Gleet is NOTHING to what I posted .

That's a good thing. 

So her only symptom is losing feathers around her vent? Or is she losing feathers on her body as well?  

She is losing feathers on her body aswell.Well, the first day she was shaking she was quite lethargic but know she is fine.Only bare spots.She isn't losing feathers, only a few, but still

What are you feeding? It's odd that she is losing feathers again after just molting, I've had birds molt twice, back to back, but it's not common nor healthy from what I understand. 
Uhh, Blue Seal Layer feed and Cracked corn.The layer Feed has extra Calcium and I was also feeding her yogurt with crushed garlic and electrolyte water.I also some

Uhh, Blue Seal Layer feed and Cracked corn.The layer Feed has extra Calcium and I was also feeding her yogurt with crushed garlic and electrolyte water.I also sometimes feed her Sunflower seeds and always some table scraps.

Uhh, Blue Seal Layer feed and Cracked corn.The layer Feed has extra Calcium and I was also feeding her yogurt with crushed garlic and electrolyte water.I also sometimes feed her Sunflower seeds and always some table scraps.

Cracked corn has absolutely no to little protein in it.Corn may cause a protein deficiency causing them to lose feathers.Im guessing you use it because it warms them up in the winter...they dont need it.One of the most used ingredients in chicken food is corn.Also Cracked corn doesn't have the white core which contains the nutrients in it.I think she is molting as the others said.When you say Shaking do you mean a shivering motion or a shake trying to ruffle feathers thats what they do when they are molting.I would recommend stop feeding corn chickens need more protein when molting.

Back
Top Bottom