Hen very sick but still eating & drinking

PS The comment about her being a bad girl was a joke!
smile.png
Thanks for clearing that up...

-Kathy

Thank you.

Question: If she is egg bound, then how is it that she seems to be improving (some, or not getting worse) on the antibiotics? Could they help that condition?

Last edited:
Oh geez...I never thought I'd become a chicken gynecologist!!

I really appreciate you posting those diagrams. I'll see if hubby is willing to assist (he can do the "checking", but only if he's willing).

I know how to diagnose/treat most of my horse and cat health problems, but I'm clueless when it comes to my Wandas.

No offense intended, but now is not the time to be prissy, the life of your chicken is at stake. If you find an egg, you will need to get it out of her or she will die.

-Kathy

No offense intended, but now is not the time to be prissy, the life of your chicken is at stake. If you find an egg, you will need to get it out of her or she will die.

-Kathy

No offense taken. I lost a parakeet who was egg bound some time ago, I know it's serious.

Let me ask you this... If your horse was foaling and the foal was slightly malpostioned, would you hesitate in reaching in and helping? I'm not talking about a foal facing backwards, but something simple like one leg that needed adjustment.

-Kathy

-Kathy

Yea, it would be sad to learn that a death could have prevented by a simple exam to rule out an egg . It's really not hard. I had to do it one day without any experience. I used olive oil and did find an egg . Boy, did I have to brave for that one. But I had a life at stake.

I hope everyone knows that I don't mean to sound rude, it's just that checking for an egg seems like the obvious thing to do.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom