Hen wont stop yelling

BubbaBubbles

Songster
May 14, 2023
Virginia
Hi all. My hen Truffles recently started laying again after having her chicks a few weeks back. But ever since yesterday she's been a lot more vocal and clingy. She follows me around which is normal for her but she makes this long groan/yell. She does it when my other roo Sunny is nearby but he doesn't make any advances towards her. Trifle, her main man and dominant of the flock, doesn't bother her much anymore. I'm just wondering why she's become so loud. She's also begun missing more feathers, especially on her tail, and her face is a tad bit paler. I've been giving her Hydro Hen for electrolytes but idk if it's working... I'm worried about her. She's my babygirl..
20230606_135023~2.jpg

She is annoyed and wants out/away from the others.

Quite normal as is going into molt after raising her chicks.
She's just started weaning and pecking at them. But I don't have the money for an extra pen... Should I try to move her in with the other flock?

Keep in mind that if the flock has not seen her in a while, they will attack her, so introduce her like you would a new bird. If they do see her regularly (even through a fence) they'll be more accepting of her

Back
Top Bottom