Here she is..23 day old Maggie duckling came today :-)

PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
Here's Maggie, a 23 day old Magpie/Runner cross. She's never had a deep water swim so first thing I did was give her a bath, she loved it! She also enjoyed the frozen peas I tossed in with her. This little gal is sooooooooo affectionate, she loves to be held, will step up into my hand and sleeps on my chest. I'm keeping her in the house with me for the first few days, she's in the spare bathroom tub with a mirror, and of course I've been spending lots of time with her, I can't keep my hands off of her LOL I brought Scooter the month old scovey duckling inside to spend a few minutes with Maggie...Maggie loved Scooter but poor Scooter didn't know what to think of that big white tub they were in LOL I carried Maggie outside to play in the grass with me but bless her heart she jumped up in my lap and just laid there watching the other ducks. She hasn't been handled other than moved from one brooder to another so I'm surprised she's so affectionate, but I love it :) Ok I'll hush for now and post her photos:

2832_maggie6.jpg

2832_maggie1.jpg

2832_maggie2.jpg

2832_maggie3.jpg

2832_maggie4.jpg

I'm in love :)

Michelle

Omg she has her tongue stickin out of the tip of her beak in the first picture! Shes ADORABLE! Congrats on the new baby!! Love Her!!
hugs.gif
love.gif

She is absolutely gorgeous! Magpie/runner cross? wow I can't wait to see how she grows up, I'll probably have some of these crosses next year as I have a cross flock of magpies, buff orphingtons, and runners.
smile.png

Thats awesome that she is exceptionally friendly and it is unusual that she is so friendly without a lot of previous human attention.

Congrats on the super awesome baby!

Quote:
oh my, the cuteness is killin' me!
th.gif

and the swimming pic, well, i can almost hear her say,
"watch me mommy! watch me mommy!"

she is wonderful michelle.
thank you for sharing these pictures.

Last edited:
Maggie spent her first 23 days in a dog crate (one of those solid travel ones) so she hadn't had a real bath or swim, didn't know how yummy grass was or how much fun a mud puddle could be. I've had her outside with me all morning in the front yard. I made a mud puddle for her and softly slapped my hand in it which got her attention and she had a blast playing in that mud. Then I filled a big bin with water and she had another swim/bath and then we snuggled till she fell asleep. Right now she's in a bottomless wire crate on the grass and having a grass snack while hollering at me to come back outside LOL

I honestly think this gal is so friendly out of pure loneliness. I'll make sure she's never lonely again, in fact she might just get sick of the loving from mamma ;-)

I plan to keep a photo diary of her :)

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom