Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

SO glad you took her to the vet. And, glad you found a good goose vet.....good to have one around just in case.

What are you naming her??

The vet's name is Laurel Harris. She has a zoological/aviary background and does all the vet work for Tracy Aviary, if you know the place. She is almost as close to you as she is to me. Here is her website link:

http://www.wasatchexotic.com/

Haven't decided on a name yet. She is a little spitfire, so I don't want it to be Wonky or Curly or anything like that. I was calling her Spirit at the vet office because she reminds me of the disney horse character.

That is FAR AND AWAY one of my very, very, VERY favorite movies. BY FAR! What a cute name...............I think you should keep it.

It was a seriously messed up egg from day 1. It had a totally blown air cell and half the egg was fluid at hatch, even though it lost 16%. It is a testament to this baby's sheer willpower to live that she hatched at all (of course, it was an assisted hatch as she was malpositioned). Not sure if genetics, diet or rough shipping of eggs was the cause, and without any other related stock it is pretty much impossible to know for sure.

I have her in the big pen with the other three now. It is hard to tell she is crippled since she moves around almost as well as the rest.

Iain, I'm glad you followed your instinct. So, I think Spirit i a good name for her.

Here is a pic of the three youngsteres (erin baby and two buff dewlaps) out in the grass having a nibble today.

love.gif
Between sebs and dewlaps, I'm a happy campter today.

Thanks, Marty!! Spirit does seem to be sticking for her name. I wish she had better balance to allow her to stay in pen without supervision, but I put her box inside pen and threw her companion in it too. She seems to be doing ok so far. My first hatchling (my only unassisted baby) seems to cry more than Spirit when I leave room. I named him Pistol, because he is quite the handful.

Marty, I absolutely love your baby picture!! SO happy you had a positive gosling cuteness overload day!! You deserve it!!!!
hugs.gif

Bayjay, 4 weeks will fly by, but if you want a couple of juvenile age geese to get you by, I can help you out.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom