Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

My son asked for something 'Fall" for dinner.

AHH!

I have pork and apples and cheese and...walnuts. I seem to have everything but ideas.

you all have any ideas?

pumpkin pie. Add some whip cream on top, a few nuts..... and you have lots of vitamins, fiber, and protein! yummy full meal!
big_smile.png

You know that saying."Easy as pie?" Pie is the calculus of deserts for me.

I once bought a cook book with only pies..... I started at one end and worked my way through.

After the first 5, they are easy.

If they still scare you, then use no crust, or a store bought crust, or a crushed nut crust.

The filling of a pumpkin pie is just can of pumpkin, spices that you like, then add what you feel like: an egg or two, heavy cream, maybe some sugar or honey. Mix it all up, put in the pan, in the oven, take it out when the middle is firm.

Pumpkin pie is not one of those 'gotta be exact' kinda things.

Pumpkin bread is pretty easy. Put some walnuts in it. Roast pork with apples and onions, whatever veggie floats your boat. Although, you've probably eaten by now...

We're having turkey/green bean casserole.

Honey and Big Boy just walked in with two more nice sized pheasants. Any suggestions?

Pumpkin bread is pretty easy. Put some walnuts in it. Roast pork with apples and onions, whatever veggie floats your boat. Although, you've probably eaten by now...

We're having turkey/green bean casserole.

Honey and Big Boy just walked in with two more nice sized pheasants. Any suggestions?

let them set for a day, then smoke / slow BBQ them.

Back
Top Bottom