Hi from Rockton, IL

I have seen so many plans and am now feeling overwhelmed. I keep thinking I want on tall enough for me to walk into and clean. Easy clean-ability is a must. I'm sure we will figure it out.
Fast fix is 10x20 dog pen. Just put chicken wire along bottom. Build roof over top and tarp on back. Remember to build hen boxes off ground and perch.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Have you checked out the Coops section.? Some have very detailed instructions of the build, step by step. Many styles and sizes. You may also want to post on the Illinois thread. Chicken folks could elaborate on what you need to get a flock through winter, etc. Good luck with your build.

welcome-byc.gif

Please avoid using chicken wire in your coop build project. It's not strong enough to keep predators out, all it's good for is keeping the chickens in. Hardware cloth is more expensive but will keep your chickens safer.

Good luck with your new flock (whether you get them now or in the spring).

Looks like you've been a member for a while but here's a Welcome to BYC for you! :D

You can ask on the IL state thread how chickens handle the winter and tips for coop building:
Illinois

Good luck with your move!
Welcome and X2 on checking in on your state thread.
Good luck!

I have seen so many plans and am now feeling overwhelmed. I keep thinking I want on tall enough for me to walk into and clean. Easy clean-ability is a must. I'm sure we will figure it out.

My main coop is a walk in..love it. You are right, makes for easy clean up. I have a smaller coop that my hubby also built, not a walk in, harder to reach in and clean.

Back
Top Bottom