Hoarders tonite?

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Anybody else see the episode tonite ?

The lady had chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats, rabbits etc. Was beyond 'ugh'.

It was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I can't believe anyone could live in such filth let alone abuse, neglect, and torture defenseless animals like that... horrible woman and the couple with the rabbits!! MY GAWD!

yeah I just finished watching it...they were both very bad. That lady was nuts (well, so was the rest of the family) she needs to get help for herself and give up all the animals. The way she was keeping them was worse than battery cage hens..at least battery hens have food and water everyday....errr....and how about the guinea that died in the animal expert's arms bc it was starving...so sad, yet preventable. I can't believe people can live like that.

OOh darn... they were filming me??
ep.gif

Was it on Animal Planet?

Last edited:
I saw that one too.

I just can't imagine the smell in those homes???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was heartbreaking seeing those birds in those cages , with the poo stacked so high they were almost to the top. It's so unfathomable to imagine, and that she believed they were okay, so sad.

very angry family indeed. wow.

I am a little concerned about the season finale, with the rats falling out of the ceiling.

That whole family reminded me of a local family that has a tendency to act like that to everyone they cross paths with. I just don't know how anyone could be that nasty, and the whole family seemed the same way.

The guy with the rabbits was acting like a 5 year old the whole show. He definitely needed a good hard smack! I don't know why the wife didn't up and leave him long ago. I felt very bad for her! I do think the landlords were very generous to give them a second chance. I probably would not have.

Please remember that these people are severely mentally ill. They are not thinking about the world in the same way as most of the rest of us. They need mental health assistance. I am of horribly mixed feelings about these shows. They take mentally ill people and put them on display for the world. These people are in a horrid situation and accept the "help" that is offered because they don't feel they have any other option or they have some mixed up idea about fame/fortune coming from it. The show producers and networks profit off of these people's mental illnesses (yes, these people agree to go on the show. However, they probably aren't REALLY competent to do so). Then, the rest of us watch them and many make judgments about how horrible these people are. Yes, their actions are horrible. However, they aren't coming from people who are "right" in their minds. Please remember that.

I have a close relative who is a true hoarder (possessions, not animals, thankfully). I love her dearly, but she REALLY does not view possessions and life in the same way that a healthy person does -- nor does she recognize that her lifestyle is abnormal. Appears to the world to be a normal person...but those people haven't seen the true situation.

We should have pity on these people, not make fun of them or call them names. Most are truly incapable of understanding their actions (or lack thereof).

Back
Top Bottom