home made feeders from PVC pipe?

Jessiewoodard57

Songster
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Bushnell, FL.
Anyone using home made feeders from PVC pipe? If so can you post pics and or instructions? Our chickens are on watering nipples and I would like to build the feeders with the ability to fill them from outside the coop. My in-laws are both on scooters so going into get the feeders and waters can be dangerous for them. I added the nipple waters and installed the egg doors low enough that they can ride up and take care of the chickens. They sure love riding out to the coops and watching the chicken until the roos put them to bed.

Type in a search for pvc pipe feeder....there will be several come up. It was just a couple of weeks ago when a fella posted something on them.

I have built two but don't have pictures of them. Plus, you need yours adapted to go on outside and if you see pictures that are posted on here you will see how to do them. Very easy to make! My husband laughed at the first one....so I made a second one....let him laugh now!

I have 2 PVC "J" feeders for my 4 hens. they are great. 3" PVC Pipe, a 90 elbow and a 45 elbow.
The 45 is so they don't have to go in so deep.

All you need is A jigsaw a drill and enough PVC to reach the outside with 2 caps and one 45 degree elbow (3" pipe works the best) so now what you do is glue the cap onto one end of it (length depends how many chickens they have I would do a foot of pipe to start) drill a hole in the pvc and jig saw cut a line about 4 -5 inches wide down a good part of the pipe not all the way just a good bit of it now glue the other end to the elbow but make sure the opening is faceing up *trust me a friend built his upside down and didnt realize it till it was to late feed just kept going in and onto the floor lol

now when yo have it done glue the other length to it and DO NOT GLUE THE CAP ON TOP!!!!!! leave the cap unglued so you can put the feed into it install with lag bolts or straps and there you go all done...

Good luck to you

You can see the feeders on the wall. Will see if i have a closeup of one. They were sooooo easy to build, instructions are on this website. My girls love them as do I, very easy to fill.
Ayda

Last edited:
Quote:
are they out of their mind???!!!!! god help whoever buys this
i went to home depot or menards and got enough pipe and stuff to make 2 of these bigger than his for half that or more wow

Back
Top Bottom