Homemade Duck Ponds? Pics?

I bought my pond at Menards. Put a tub drain in the bottom... slightly tilted it toward the drain. I have a water hydrant on the opposite end. Pull the drain. rinse with hose, refill. The pond has ledges which I can throw treats on and as u see in the last pic I have a rock so they can jump on it to get out... I have been putting a towel over that side down over the rock to so they can get a better grip , othewise they were slipping . I think I may put a ramp in tho just in case one gets hurt or sick they have easier acess to get out. I put a tank heater in it all winter and did not have any ice at all. We get -20 degress , I had the pen wrapped in plastic.

43749_1_1_3_6a.png

43749_hpim1057.jpg

43749_hpim1056.jpg

43749_im001846.jpg

43749_im001845.jpg

43749_im001847.jpg

how many gallons does your pond hold? how many ducks do you have using it and how often do you empty and refill it? thanks!

I have 12 ducks.. right now they are separated for spring so that pond has 5... that is their night pond so they are
are outside ( in their swim pools) all day . .. I believe its a 250ish gallon pond and I change it everyother day..in the winter
when everyone stays in , I usually clean it everday ( I put tank heaters in their indoor ponds.) its just so easy ...
I have added on a lot more since these pics..
I have a FaceBook page for The Duck Hut

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Duck-Hut/193654187369638?fref=ts

935720_481467245254996_1726933791_n.jpg

Wow, can I come and live with your ducks?
bow.gif
Nice place they have!

Can you give me brief description of what you used to prevent leakage around the drain? I just got a great deal on a pre-formed pond and would like to copy you
big_smile.png

stage two on the pond is done i put a 7 mil clear liner in the pond and filled it but the ducks still havent a clue what to do with it. stage three is rocks and pump ill have pics up when the rain stops

Back
Top Bottom