Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
tongue.png

Henry'schickens - Sounds so yummy! Enjoy!

Quote:
Good idea....

Hey I made the bread again today but its different from when I made it the other night? Its flatter, it was kind of sticky when I kneaded it (if thats a word) I added alittle more flour but maybe it wasnt enough? I let is rise on the baking sheet covered with plastic. I dont know what I did wrong....
try it again
smile.png

the humidity is a factor. you may have needed to add more flour. the dough should feel silky when it's just right. you'll get a feel for making bread.

This looks really good and it is cold here in the middle of NC - so I'll be warming up the kitchen making this bread this weekend! Perhaps I can even post pics!

Teresa

Quote:
Oh I know! It is absolutely frigid here also. I'm not far from you if you live in the Piedmont. I'm right on the border of NC and VA. These temps are just horrible and I've been pouting about the cold all evening. I don't like it one bit!

Happy bread baking and stay warm!
smile.png

Thanks Gumpsgirl! I am so trying this one, probably tomorrow! I'll probably have to take the snowmobile to the store! Suppose to be getting around 6 inches of snow today. YucK!! But I just put more yeast and bread flour on my grocery list. Can't wait to give this one a try too!

I just made cinnamon rolls the other day and I do a peanut butter frosting on mine. What was the recipe for your frosting or icing that you put on your cinnamon rolls?

How long should I keep the dough hook going on the mixer? I set it for seven minutes yesterday (after adding more flour since it was the consistancy of drop biscuits)and it was just too "tough".??

I made 2 more loaves yesterday. Once I let the dough mix come together I let the dough go for only a couple minutes and then set it for the first rise.

how do I make the bread a little denser. The rolls I made were fab, but the next day Tony took one to work to make a sandwich....he said it was very flaky, soft and kinda fell apart in his hands. Is there a way to make it more firm to hold up better?
just wondering?? Cause I love the taste and hope to make lots of rolls with this.

I am using the 2 1/2 wheat flour and 2 1/2 bread flour.

thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom