Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Do any of you ladies have a recipe for the softer hogie bread like Mr. Goodcents bakes? I love all the flavors of what I bake now but I'd like a softer bread. Some of the others are denser than I want for sandwiches. What makes them softer?

Here is my Gump's Bread that I made today. It is delicious! Would make nice sub rolls I think. I made 3 smaller loaves, about 11" to 12" long, as I wanted to freeze a loaf, eat a loaf and gift a loaf.

I found the dough to be too slack with only 5 cups of flour to 2 cups of water, so I added about 3/4 cup in the kneading process in my Kitchen Aid mixer. The bread is very soft and has a good crumb. I rolled out each portion to a rectangle as directed, roll up into a tight roll, and pinched the seam together, putting it on the bottom when baking. I used parchment paper on a large cookie sheet and had plenty of room for the 3 smaller loaves.

The very hot water used to dissolve the yeast and sugar stayed warm enough to require the shorter rising time for this recipe. Thanks, Gumpsgirl, for this yummy bread recipe!

351685343.jpg

Henry'schickens :

Do any of you ladies have a recipe for the softer hogie bread like Mr. Goodcents bakes? I love all the flavors of what I bake now but I'd like a softer bread. Some of the others are denser than I want for sandwiches. What makes them softer?

I would assume the type of bread flour since I have a dear friend who makes awesome bread for everyone and she prefers one type she gets at a health food store as opposed to another place. Plus, the way you tend to the crusts as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.​

We would like to make this recipe tonight using MissPrissy's starter.
I don't quite understand how to subsitute her yeast for the yeast in
Gumpgirl's recipe. Do we just use 2 cups of starter?

Quote:
Good question PC! One I don't know how to answer though. Try shooting her a PM to ask.

Quote:
Good question PC! One I don't know how to answer though. Try shooting her a PM to ask.

She's not online.
sad.png

She suggested making your bread when I told her I wanted to use her starter. Hmmmm. The mystery of it all.
big_smile.png

We'll go take care of the animals and hope she comes online.

Thanks Gumpsgirl. All this talk about bread is making me drool.
droolin.gif

I wouldn't substitute.

This is a fabulous white bread.

If you use my starter you will have sour dough bread.

2 different breads.

Make Stacey's bread first. Eat it warm with butter.

Then make bread with my starter say - Wednesday night.

You will love them both.

A good white bread is hard to find. I wouldn't mess with Stacey's recipe for love or money.

I have made 6 loaves of it and have nothing to show for it but a dirty bread pan.

Back
Top Bottom