Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
You're right! I had no clue, but it seems to be quite popular! Then again, the bread itself should be. It really is wonderful!
tongue.png

Okay, after first calling Miss-jayne to make sure I was on the right page (nice talking to you in person ma'am) I proceeded.

After it gone done rising I broke it in two and rolled them out.

003-1.jpg

Then I rolled em up and made the slits in the top. I wanted to try something different with one of them, so I rubbed in traditional Italian dipping oil into the top of the loaf in the foreground and then sprinkled parmessan cheese on top of the oil.

005-1.jpg

Then I put them in the oven, but it was closer to 35 minutes for mine to take on a brown color, I did rotate shelfs at about 15 minutes. The aroma of the bread definately filled the house. Especially the Italian/parmesan loaf.

010.jpg

So Jude and I cut into the Italian/parmesan loaf, added butter (gave her the heel being the gentleman I am).....it is very good. The first bite Jude says, "You know what would go good with this?...lasagna"

See what you ladies got me into, now I gotta make lasagna.
lau.gif

This was fun, I enjoyed making the bread and sharing my expierience with you.....thanks again MJ for the help.

Quote:
wow! it looks awesome! i bet that cheese and oil was great!
you are more than welcome. it was a treat to speak with you.

lasagna...hmmm. just made it a couple days ago...easy breezy, lemon squeezy!

woo hoo, way to go Steve! See I knew once you found this that you and P.C. would end up making a good team.
lau.gif
You two guys rock. More men should learn from the two of you...as well as some women
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom