Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
I'm so glad that you like it and you and your DH are very welcome!
hugs.gif

I put in a little more sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. After they cooked i brushed them with butter with garlic powder. I wish that I had sprinkled salt on top but the ladies here don't want it.

Here we go, I found the recipe!

Irish Soda Bread

Vegetable oil for brushing
4 cups of all purpose flour and a bit extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cups buttermilk

Preheat oven to 425 and brush a cookie sheet with oil.
Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add most of the buttermilk. Mix well, first with a wooden spoon and then with your hands. The dough will be very soft but not too wet. If necessary add remained of milk.
Turn out dough onto a lighty floured surface and knead lightly and briefly. Shape into a 8" round and place on the oiled cookie sheet and slice top shallowly with a sharp knife.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom with your knuckles.
Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly.

How come there's no smilie with a white "I surrender flag" ?

I read ALL 29 pgs and my bread is on it's second rise , the oven is warming and the butter is soft, my mouth is actually watering,

that recipe was very easy, I did end up using about 1/2 c extra flour, but it is always so humid here, so I just kept working a small amount in till I got the consistency described.....

I have used bacon fat (melted) for my fat/oil in breads before with delish results, didn't want to play with this recipe the first time , but I may try that also.... Thank you for the recipe, my family loves fresh bread

Back
Top Bottom