Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

I am going to make another batch tomorrow but this time I am going to put little wads of dough in my muffin pan and see how that works. I'll post a pic when it rises and is baked.

I never knew people could have so much fun with bread dough, and Mom didn't want me playing in the kitchen with Play-Doe as a kid.
gig.gif

Well my breads done. It turn out way better than yesterday but not as good as it could be
smile.png
It was warmer in the house today and I didnt put all the salt in it. I used a glass bowl today, yesterday was a plastic one. Dont know if that made a difference? We've ate some already and for dinner I'm going to cut it into slices and make garlic toast to go with last nights stew.

I will keep trying until I get the perfect loafs!
droolin.gif

Mine just went in the oven. Loved this recipe so far. this is the first time for me with this recipe and the men are stalking the oven already so...we will see.

7630_whitebread.jpg

Last edited:
My bread that I made turned out fine using my bread machine (which is anchient) and I modified nothing. I mixed it all the way Gump put it and it was fine. Thr proof is in the picture that is back a few post.
smile.png

Excellent. I am using that thing to do the kneading for me...I can get more beads on the suedenator while the machine works.
gig.gif

I was having trouble with mine rising...the house was about 62 degrees today and it was overcast outside so...I took my bowl of dough coverd with damp towel into the laundry room, threw a load of towels in to dry for 30 minutes and sat the bowl on top of the dryer. Voile' it nearly doubled in size on the first rise.

Last edited:
Cetawin Wrote:
I was having trouble with mine rising...the house was about 62 degrees today and it was overcast outside so...I took my bowl of dough coverd with damp towel into the laundry room, threw a load of towels in to dry for 30 minutes and sat the bowl on top of the dryer. Voile' it nearly doubled in size on the first rise.

I thought about doing that too. Good idea.​

It sounds like you have all been busy, busy, busy baking bread!!! Good job!

Jen4 - Glad to see that your bread turned out better yesterday.
smile.png

Cetawin - Your bread looks wonderful!

Oh gumpsgirl it was a hit. the first loaf never got cut (by me).... DH grabbed it and a tub of butter and disappeared with it...

One minute it is sitting on the cooling rack the next minute just a trail of steam.
lol.png

I am going to try a whole wheat version by substituting the WW for the white. I also used unbleached bread flour so it did brown nicely.

Here is the finished version before DH attacked...

7630_whitebread3.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom